I saw this movie "Waitress" which is a great movie and the main lady role has this talent for making pies- as I am watching the movie and the main character is describing different pies [also works in a pie shop] my mouth began to watered [Dan's taste buds were salivating] so I decided to make my first homemade pie!
The boys had gotten some wonderful Barnes & Noble gift certificates for Christmas and they allowed me to get a pie cookbook [nothing like getting Mama a cookbook for something you want to eat]. Pie: 300 Tried-and-True Recipes for Delicious Homemade Pie by Ken Haedrich and made the pie on page 84: Peaches and Cream Pie using the homemade single crust flaky pie pastry crust on page 31. I used local frozen peaches [Willamette Valley Fruit] that are outstanding and within my "green" resolution of buying food grown/raised within a 100 miles or less. It was declared "Yummy" by the family. This picture was selected by Solomon [and Cyrus agreed not caring].

No comments:
Post a Comment