1. My darling husband has been sick for two weeks- seemed really well yesterday but part of that was that he had a great day at work: got to see a bank robbery [small one] and well saw the tape because they got there after it happened, played bad guy with an arm guard on to police dogs during some exercises- whew those dogs are tough, and on a particular sad note, a police officer died [on the side of the freeway when his car stopped working when he was making his way home] and his funeral was well attended today- Dan had met him last week. So if your car is on the side of the freeway- stay in the car- you are safer unless there is room to be 2 car widths away!
2. This weekend is drill weekend and one of Dan's buddies from his old unit that he was deployed with has transferred to Dan's current unit and stopped by so they could go in together. Dan really enjoys this guy's company so it is great news all around. We are having some cold and partly snowy weather up here so hopefully they stay warm and safe!
3. I had my first snow day on Monday- no school for both Solomon and Cyrus- out of the window went my daily to do list for Monday- I need to figure out what to have on hand for these snow days to keep the kids occupied while I do my to do list and other sad news was another snow/ice day on Wednesday but none on Tues, Thurs, and Friday and M, W, & F are my gym days *sighs* then to top it all off only like 3 inches of snow- not really enough to play in :( I want a good snow storm! If there is going to be no school then I want to sled down the hill, play in some snow- more than 5 inches and none of this stuff that melts when the day is half done- but boy it is sure pretty!
4. Cyrus started his baseball class on Thursdays!
5. Stress starting to build about next year- where and what time will my children be in school?! All the Open School nights are happening! I'll have updates and prayer requests in March about this issue.
6. Got a new health insurance and trying to figure out all that plus the rest of Dan's benefits and what we want...
7. Filed our taxes tonight! Whoo hoo!
8. I have been sick too [kids as well] and thankfully not as bad as I was sick before but still draining! The first week that Dan was really sick- he would come home after work and go to sleep so I was single mom for that week hence not posts on my blog :)
Alright I think we are all caught up!

No comments:
Post a Comment