Friday, February 22, 2008

What we eat

One of my struggles with living in the NW verses southern California is that Farmer Markets don't go year round like they do in California *sighs* so I have to rely on the grocery store for my produce during the winter months. So how do I maximize my dollar for the healthiest produce because buying all organic just isn't in this family's budget so after some research I found this list [provided by Greenthinkers: http://www.greenthinkers.org/blog/2006/06/organic_dirty_dozen.html]:

12 Most Contaminated also known as the Dirty Dozen- Buy These Organic
• Apples
• Bell Peppers
• Celery
• Cherries
• Imported Grapes
• Nectarines
• Peaches
• Pears
• Potatoes
• Red Raspberries
• Spinach
• Strawberries

12 Least Contaminated
• Asparagus
• Avocados
• Bananas
• Broccoli
• Cauliflower
• Corn (sweet)
• Kiwi
• Mangos
• Onions
• Papaya
• Pineapples
• Peas (sweet)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting Greenthinkers!