[I'll go back to taking pictures of everything eventually, really living without a camera for a couple of weeks got me out of a really good habit...]
I made two great meals today and I thought I would share a recipe:
For lunch [I was at the Farmer Market for breakfast] we had Buttermilk Waffles- a favorite around here with a raspberry syrup made locally and sold at the Farmer Market [strained raspberries with a little bit of added sugar] and smiley faces made out of whipped cream- can't you tell how much the boys loved me. I was Queen for a day!
Williams-Sonoma provided the orginal recipe:
2 large eggs
1 3/4 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon [I sprinkle in a teaspoon or two of pumpkin pie spice]
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour [I use 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, 1 cup all purpose flour, at least 1 Tablespoon each ground flax seed and wheat germ]
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt [I don't add this- butter on top of the waffle is a better source of salt]
Mix it up. Pour indvidual amount of batter on your heated waffle maker and they'll be eaten as soon as they are made.
Then for dinner I made a lasagna. I use Trader Joe's no boil lasagna noodles and they worked out great. I didn't use a recipe and I don't measure anything so I'll just let you know what I put in it:
Tiny bit of olive oil in the heated pan, one large walla walla onion chopped, 3 cloves of garlic minced, decent amount of seasoning [my favorite Trader Joe's 21 Salute All Purpose Seasoning Blend], 2 punds of 99% fat free ground turkey, 9 ounces shredded carrots, and 12 ounces frozen chopped spinach. Layered the noodles with red sauce, little layer of small curds cottage cheese, layered zucchini, and fresh mozzarella with the pan filling. Top with parmesan cheese. I bake at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes- all estimate since I use my nose for when things are done. Voila- even something Cyrus likes and has been requested on the menu in the future. Lucky for me there is leftovers for tomorrow and extra filling that I added red sauce to save in the freezer for Dan's lunch next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment