Monday, July 27, 2009
Today is Monday Menu Plan and I have to change it up. I have signed up to start receiving a box of produce from a CSA farm [Community Supported Agriculture] which is a great way of supporting your local farmer and get quality produce and here is the website of where you can look up to see if there is a CSA farm in your area: Local Harvest. I will be trying out Hood River Organic because they allow for me to pay weekly or at a discounted price when I pre pay 10 weeks verses paying in advance for the whole season which didn't work with all my summer travel plans. The only thing I liked about Hood River Organic verses some of the other CSA farms in my area is that Hood River is all year long instead of just the "typical harvest time". So now I don't know how to make a menu without seeing what I get in my produce box which I pick up tomorrow so my menu plans will be made and posted tomorrow although I'll confess that I am craving Middle Eastern/Lebanese and Thai foods. Plus we are in the 100 degree weather here which is hot so I use to take advantage of cold dishes and using the bbq grill.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds awesome! I was thinking of doing that in April, but it felt so carnivorous here- like my choice was join THAT MOMENT or the shares would snapped up! But, even with all my attempts to cook for others, I still buy too much food, so I wouldn't want all that fresh produce to go to waste (and the money I paid for it)...
I really wanted to join one earlier but I couldn't find one that would do it on a month to month or week to week basis and where we lived before- all the CSA farms' shares sold out- just very popular here. So I think the week by week will work really well. I am starting with the smaller box and depending on how we do- I will probably go for the bigger box next week.
Post a Comment