
So I came across this link to a blog that had an excellent quiz: Too Busy Quiz, which is funny coming after my wishful thinking/post of sleeping/napping almost 16 hours a day!
Too Busy Test
Give yourself one point for each statement that you identify with:
I feel as though I am constantly trying to catch up at work.
I feel as though I am constantly trying to catch up with personal responsibilities.
My life feels out of balance.
My breathing right now is shallow.
I am regularly late to appointments and scheduled activities.
There's rarely a break in my schedule.
My shoulders are not relaxed right now.
I eat lunch at my desk at least once per week.
I sometimes work straight through lunch.
I have not had a vacation longer than seven days in the last year.
A seven day vacation? I have never had one of those.
I have not gotten together with friends for fun and conversation in over a month.
Keeping up with household chores is a struggle because of time constraints.
I am dissatisfied with the amount of quality time I am able to spend with my spouse or significant other.
I am dissatisfied with the amount of quality time I am able to spend with my child.
I don't take time to exercise.
I resent the things I do for family or friends because I have little or no time for myself.
The fuel light in my car has come on at some point in the last two months because I have not had time to fill it up.
My mail is piled up because I haven't had time to open or sort it.
I have missed paying a bill on time in the last three months because I was too busy to notice the due date had passed.
I sometimes run out of socks, jeans, or other laundry items because I haven't had time to do the laundry.
I don't have time to write thank-you notes.
My to-do list rarely gets completely checked off for the day.
I work late more than once per week.
At least once per week, I skip meals because I am too busy.
Now total your points up:
1-5 Points- Busy
Your schedule is challenging at times, but you are managing to get by. A few small changes will make a big difference towards helping you to take complete control of your time.
6-10 Points- Too Busy
Either life is becoming increasingly too busy for you, or you've been managing to get by but are starting to lose control. By taking action over these next 28 days, you can finally take charge of your schedule and decrease the stress that has been building.
11-16 Points- Too Busy & Frustrated
Life has been hectic for awhile and if you don't slow down soon and become more intentional about where and how you focus your time, you will soon burn out. It is essential that you begin to take steps now so you can get your life back.
17-25 Points- Out of Control
From the author, "I understand. I've been there. And it's possible for you to transform how you live so that your schedule is aligned with what's most important to you. It may require some big changes, but remember that change is about making choices."

I scored an eleven
[My work is SAHM and the babysitting/nursery work I do]
I am good about giving myself breaks even at the expense of not crossing off everything on my to-do list. I am dissatisfied with how my home looks but I know what it'll take and doing that isn't too bad although I haven't done it yet. A big improvement for me was a resolution that I made with myself just after Solomon was born was to be on time or early for appointments and scheduled activities and I have done really, really well on this. Now if I can get my volunteer work done before the deadline- that would be the best. I have already started taking steps to improve this area. I love the quality time question- it is an area that I have been improving slowly since September last year. Although I feel that I gave up my time in writing letters/calling family and friends to make sure I have breaks or as I justify it as quality time with myself and for quality time with my family so I need to give something else up to make this all balance out and yet I don't feel that my life is out of balance right now [probably helps that I don't think beyond this week otherwise I would be "Out of Control"! I can relate to the Too Busy and Frustrated feeling- around the first week of each month I have that so it is a good thing that I am taking this test mid-month.
Anyone else care to share what score you got?

1 comment:
I got a 12- on the same wavelength!
Post a Comment