What is the best part about your life right now?
Hot cup of tea, sleeping boys in the other room, and finding peace about not completing something I need to get done [tonight]... My first day of homeschooling went well and I still had time to play with the boys, go to an appointment, and clean parts of my home! It is a super day! Being mom is the best part overall even when Cyrus is easily prone to crying as he was today, it only meant more cuddles with him and a nap for sure tomorrow. That there seems to be a tomorrow to improve and make better than today.
What do you think the best part about the near future will be?
The sun. I miss your rays of light, warmth on my body, and those carefree days of summer [Spring is just not going well yet so we'll skip ahead to Summer...] when we can picnic in the park after playing in the playground, that I can wear my lovely assortment of skirts and feel so pretty, and my poor plants will be thriving or that I'll be attending 2-3 Farmer Markets a week instead...
What are you most afraid of?
This is a difficult question- I am not really afraid of much- I suppose I know that things can always be worst and better so why fear it. I do hate heights now [having two children has helped that fear fester] and of course it was a lot of fun to find out when riding a tram several feet above the ground in a little box- I had to give my kids to other people to watch out for while I mildly panicked! I did go back down which was a little easier than going up.
What are you a little worried about?
Doing it all! I have prioritize my list so it is not so overwhelming and I try not to beat myself up about the last 3 things or so not done on my list...
What do you dream of?
Well in my far fetch dream I win the Powerball: I would buy a house with history, take the kids and travel the US and the World, have a wonderful gal cleaning my home, and give back to the community.
My someday dreams are a better camera and taking some Photography classes- get back in touch with my wild and creative self. Finally studying ASL [American Sign Language] all the way to possibly getting an interpreter certificate. Of course watching my kids become upstanding men, citizens of the world, following their dreams, boyfriends/husbands, and fathers.
For now I am going to work on learning to knit and mothering/teaching my boys.
What questions do you have?
Can I ever do enough?
Will Dan take the boys out so I have an hour to myself this weekend?
Will it ever be warm and sunny?
What should I plan for our wedding anniversary?
Am I crazy?
What skills can you share?
I am really finding my peace and stride as a mother- my confidence that allows me to tell my kids "Bring it on!" because I can deal with it well. I am hoping to share my enthusiasm as a mother with others.
My volunteering skills are getting used as next year [starting Summer to beginning of school] I will be President of a MOMS Club chapter [can you believe that I was nominated by 3 people- oh the love!], Publicity [otherwise know as "Paper Girl"] in my MOPS group, return to the fundraising committee at O School, where Cyrus will be attending Preschool and I will be playing in the classroom periodically, and doing more with Oregon Food Bank. I would love to walk for Komen's Race for Cure but I need to join and use a gym first.
I have some skills in the kitchen as there are requests for "more please" and "you are the best cook"
I love to read- I would imagine after reading thousands of books that I am pretty skillful at reading...
It is hard for me to know what is a skill verses a nurtured talent... I often wonder if I have any talents left undiscovered and what they are?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment