
Whoo Hoo this weekly feature is back- you are all excited right! ;)
In an effor to cut down on cost and to be healthier- I have eliminated red meat and most bird...
Monday: Black Beans and Rice [hidden vegetables such as carrots inside] with tortillas topped with Avocado- needed something that could be served to kids before soccer practice and after practice for the adults. Breakfast: Cereal and I had sunflower butter on toast Lunch: Dan and Solomon are having turkey sandwiches, orange wedges, and Dan also has banana. Cyrus and O will have sunflower butter and fruit spread sandwiches and fruit. I will have leftover potato soup that I made last night. Snack will be watermelon slices.
Tuesday: Waffles for breakfast. Lunch for Dan, Solomon, and Cyrus will be turkey sandwiches. I will have hummos, vegetables and crackers. Lasagna in a Skillet [kind of a fancier Hamburger Helper but with loads of vegetables] for dinner.
Wednesday: Homemade banana nut muffins. Lunch will tacos [leftover beans and rice]. Dinner will be Baked Potato with Vegetarian Chili.
Thursday: Smoothies and toast for breakfast. Solomon and Dan will have leftover lasagna or tortellini for lunch with a side salad. Cyrus will have the same but carrots instead of salad. I will have a meal size salad. For dinner a breakfast skillet- cut up potato, bell pepper, and mushrooms stir fry with eggs on top. [Soccer game night for Solomon.]
Friday: Muffins or cereal for breakfast. Not sure about lunch. Vegetable Pot Pie.
As always- you can find more menu ideas over at Organizing Junkie

No comments:
Post a Comment