
I have seen "The Last Lecture" presented by Randy Pausch on PBS [OPB] which I truly enjoyed and then my book club picked it as January's book of the month. I recommend this book or tv program to anyone... His theme of the "lecture" [he was a Professor at Carnegie Mellon] was "Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams"
I read two quotes in particular that I wanted to share with you [but there are many more to be discovered... and I should let you know that the chapters are short and the book is an easy read]:
Chapter 16: Romancing the Brick Wall
"Brick walls are there for a reason. They give us a chance to show how badly we want something."
Chapter 39: Be the First Penguin
"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted."
I really wish that I had taken the time to write out my childhood dreams so that I could make them happen or have fun trying. I will be encouraging this in my children.

No comments:
Post a Comment