Solomon brings home an assignment that he did in school. If you look at the picture you can see the caption: This is me in January. So I ask Solomon "Aren't you suppose to be drawing a picture of yourself" "Well yeah..." Then mom rudely interrupts, "I though we agreed not to draw weapons at school [stemmed from Parent-Teacher conference]" "My hand is there!" Then Mom looks closer at the drawing along with Dad who was in the room too and we see the hand attached to the tank and arm and had to laugh because this is what Solomon is doing in January. Our boy isn't breaking the rules about doing less weapon drawings in school, it is simply a reflection of what he/we do at home.
My lesson has been learned: I will not harp on Solomon about drawing weapons at school until I get rid of every single toy that has a weapon such Star Wars, Army figures, even Buzz Lightyear, superheroes [they have powers], knights, video games, etc... Plus Solomon's hero of a Dad shouldn't be in Army or Police work as they involve weapons and if Solomon [or Cyrus] is to create artwork or words about their Dad especially with his jobs then weapons are involved, it is a fact of our family.
Besides we are sort of encouraging the interest in Army as it would be nice NOT to have to pay for one kid's college education :)

No comments:
Post a Comment