
Monday- we had Chicken and Dumpling Soup and a shocker was that Cyrus ask for seconds! Makes me want to make it every day of the week.
Tuesday- Sweet Potato and Lentil Curry over rice [it is adapted from this recipe but I am using brown lentils, sweet potato instead of carrot and spinach]
Wednesday- Shepherd's Pie
Thursday- Chicken Carbonara [third week in a row but requested everytime plus Cyrus actually eats it]
Friday- I am torn between Chicken Soup with Brown Rice and Ginger or Thai Chicken Soup...
Saturday- Cajun Fettucine [shrimp has been requested and this is very similar to Chicken Carbonara] and a little hot! for Valentine's Day. Smores Truffles and Velvet Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting for dessert...
As always, more recipes and menu ideas over at Organizing Junkie!

1 comment:
So with the sweet potato substitution- do you put them in peeled and cubed, or cooked, or what? I love sweet potatoes roasted in the oven for 40 minutes, and then mashed (sometimes with skin, sometimes not), but I don't know whether cooking it like that before adding it to boiling lentils would make it too mushy already. Also, red lentils break down really easily, while French lentils (black-blue-looking) don't, so which would you recommend in this combination, O Chef? :-)
Post a Comment