Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekly Menu



The boys and I have VBS [Vacation Bible School Camp] this week and Dan gone during the week I am doing the KISS plan for meals- Keep It Simple Silly

Monday: I bought a LOT of strawberries at the Farmer's Market- our growing season is about a month behind and so we just got them in for the seasons and man oh man are they good. So I may have bought too many so tonight is homemade waffles, with homemade strawberry compote, and a touch of whipped cream on top- I may be the coolest mom tonight...

Tuesday: Since yesterday was fruit- tonight is a vegetable soup. Thinking of making scones for dessert.

Wednesday: Salads are wonderful on warmer days which we are having this week. Grilled chicken on a bed of lettuce! On the side will be crackers with spreadable Fromage Cheese with garlic and chives!

Thursday: Noodles with red sauce... I made Spaghetti Bolognese not too long ago on a weekend day and it was a big hit with the family. Bolognese sauce is great because I was able to cut up small chunks of carrots and celery for added nurition. I will probably replace the more popular ground beef/veal/pork with ground turkey.

Friday: Salmon with a mustard and spices spread on it, rice, and a salad.

No comments: