
My favorite recipe from last week was the Split Pea Soup. My mom doesn't like peas so I didn't eat it very much growing up and most ham and split pea soups are too salty for me so it was absolutely delightful when I tried this version. I use Organic Chicken Base Better Than Bouillon which is absolutely the greatest way to make stock. I put in more carrots and added garlic to my version simply because I have a lot on hand.
Monday: I got Lobster Tail on sale instead of lamb and never made an Easter dinner- we had a large lunch or rather Linner that we didn't want to eat a dinner on top of all the food we ate during the day yesterday so tonight it is Lobster Tail, rice, asparagus, and salad.
Tuesday: Grilled Chicken over green salad for lunch. Carrot Soup for dinner with some bread.
Wednesday: Happy Tax Day! Deviled Eggs, salad, and leftover carrot soup for lunch. Cuban Black beans, Pineapple Salsa [recipe at end of post], and possibly Grandma's Rice all wrapped up in a tortilla.
Thursday: Kids' pick for lunch. Using the leftover beans in a Tortilla Soup for dinner with cornbread.
Friday: Leftover soup for lunch. Pasta with Carrots, Risotto Style with salad. Tonight's dinner will be the last dairy we'll have for a month so we can see if we do and feel better without it.
Saturday: For dinner we'll have Smoked Salmon over green salad and a cup of Lentil Soup.
Sunday: Out for lunch. Shrimp and veggie stir fry.
Pineapple Salsa Recipe:
1/2 medium pineapple, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
Reserved pineapple juice
1 small red or green bell pepper, diced
3 medium green onions, thinly sliced
1 habanero pepper, seeded and minced
1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
1 lime, juiced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Tbsp agave nectar (can substitute honey, molasses or sugar), to taste
Mix all ingredients, including reserved pineapple juices, in medium bowl. Cover and let stand at least one hour at room temperature. Serve. Recipe courtesy of friend Cheryl.
For more menu planning ideas head over to Org Junkie!

2 comments:
Have you got a cornbread recipe? I've been thinking of trying that out, and you are a most trusted source... Also, why the no-dairy month? Might someone be allergic?
I love pineapple and salsa, so I love this recipe. Oh, and I love lobster. Can I come to dinner???
Post a Comment